Table of Contents
- Developing a Quality Assurance Plan
- Skill Drill: Setting up your Workspace
- The Elements of Geospatial Data Quality
- Creating a quality assurance checklist
- Implementing your Quality Assurance Plan
- Implementing Quality Control with Tabular Data
- Skill Drill: Implementing Quality Control with Tabular Data
Implementing your Quality Assurance Plan
Work individually or in groups to locate and download at least five datasets related to Santa Rosa and the surrounding region as it pertains to the Kincade Fire of 2019. You can try to find data about the fire itself as well as other types of data, such as buildings, streets, roads, parcels, etc. Your data may come from multiple sources. Save the data to your original folder.
Currently, you are in the data-gathering phase of the project. Once you have collected enough data, it is time to implement your quality assurance plan. Use your checklist to evaluate each of the datasets. Record the answers to your questions on a Microsoft word document., one for each dataset. Save the documents to your final folder.
Note: For determining positional accuracy of features, assume that the NAIP images from the USGS Earth Explorer website are correct and accurate.