Table of Contents
- Basic Quality Assurance and Quality Control (QAQC)
- Setting up Your Workspace
- Download Data from the United States Census Bureau
- Skill Drill: Download Census Data
- Adding County Data to ArcMap
- Skill Drill: Adding Data to ArcMap
- Documenting the Quality of the Metadata
- Skill Drill: Document the Metadata Quality
- Precision vs Accuracy
- Compressing the Project Folder as a 7z File
Compressing the Project Folder as a 7z File
Sometimes when working with geospatial data, it is necessary to move the data from one location to another. Compressing your project folder with the sub-folder structure intact is a safe way to do so. The zip file format is a universal file compression type. However, other file compression types, such as 7z, sometimes work better.
Save and close your Microsoft Word Document. Then, save and close your map document. Compress your Basic_QAQC folder as a 7z file. Navigate to your project folder, named after this lab activity. Right-click on the folder, select 7zip, then Add to “Basic_QAQC.7z.” Be sure the file extension is .7z and not .zip.
When done, you should see your project folder compressed as a 7z file. If you are a registered student at Humboldt State University, you may need to submit your 7z file using the Canvas LMS to receive credit for this activity.