Table of Contents
- Basic Quality Assurance and Quality Control (QAQC)
- Setting up Your Workspace
- Download Data from the United States Census Bureau
- Skill Drill: Download Census Data
- Adding County Data to ArcMap
- Skill Drill: Adding Data to ArcMap
- Documenting the Quality of the Metadata
- Skill Drill: Document the Metadata Quality
- Precision vs Accuracy
- Compressing the Project Folder as a 7z File
Skill Drill: Document the Metadata Quality
In this step, you will add additional metadata quality documentation to your Microsoft Word document. Using what you learned in the previous step, document the metadata for the county 5m and county 20m shapefiles.
Below your documentation for the County 500K shapefile, add an H2 style heading that says “County 5m.” Below the heading, record the answers to the following questions:
- How would you describe the quality of the metadata summary and description? (e.g., detailed, sparse, non-existent, etc.)
- Does the metadata provide information about what organization or person created the data? If so, who is the author of the data?
- Does the metadata describe the way the data was collected or assembled? If so, what was it?
- Are there any use limitations? If so, what are they?
- What type of spatial reference does the data have? Geographic or Projected?
Repeat these steps for the 20m shapefile. When you are done, re-save your Word document.
Keep the Microsoft Word document open. In the next steps, you will add additional documenation.