Skill Drill: Document the Metadata Quality
Using what you learned in the previous step, document the metadata for the county 5m and county 20m shapefiles.
For each shapefile, add an H2 style heading indicating the name of the file. Below the heading, record the answers to the following questions:
- How would you describe the quality of the metadata summary and description? (e.g., detailed, sparse, non-existent, etc.)
- Does the metadata provide information about what organization or person created the data? If so, who is the author of the data?
- Does the metadata describe the way the data was collected or assembled? If so, what was it?
- Are there any use limitations? If so, what are they?
- What type of spatial reference does the data have? Geographic or Projected?
When done, save your Word document.